Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How Do I Remove Road Runner From IE Browser?

I uninstalled Road Runner from my laptop but It has attached itself to the IE browser. I've tried spybot and ad-aware but nothing seems to be working. I also have avast antivirus.



Does anyone have any experience with this? How do I remove it



How Do I Remove Road Runner From IE Browser?microsoft windows xp





It is not that Road Runner is in your browser but rather it was branded with their information. You can run the utility to remove branding from IE and Outlook express.



you can do this manually



Go to Start, choose Run, and type or paste "rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear" without the quotes.



Hit Enter.



Open a browser window and there should not be any branding showing.



http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_...



How Do I Remove Road Runner From IE Browser?ie 7 internet explorer



How do you mean it is attached to your browse. Is it a tool bar on it? If so you can go to Add\Remove Programs (control panel), locate it and uninstall it there. If it is the homepage, just pick a new one, go to it, click on Tools, Internet Options and click "use current" to change your homepage.
i had the same thing w/ RR simple registry edit



start%26gt;run%26gt;type in regedit then hit enter



HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\I... Explorer\Main



expand each entry w/ + sign until u get to main then in right pane remove road runner



u can add whatever u wish there

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers