Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Can't save attached doc files from IE but I can from FireFox!?

Hi,



Here is my problem: I received an email with 4 doc (not docx) files attached. On a newly installed Win XP SP2 with IE 6.0 I try to save (not open) the attached files one by one and the download window appears but nothing happens for aprox. 30 min. It is a 47k file. After 30 min. I stoped the download. There is no Estimated time, or speed reported. I open the same mail, from the same account with FireFox 2.0 and the doc files are saved.



Ideas?



Thanks.



Isti



Can't save attached doc files from IE but I can from FireFox!?windows xp themes





What are you trying to open these files with? Do you have Office? a .doc file is a Microsoft Word file, so you need to have SOME kind of word processing program to open them, or else you open them in Notepad as text, not .doc. And your browser really doesn't have a darn thing to do with how you save an email. You don't download email, you save it.



If you don't have Microsoft Office, you need to get SOMETHING to use. Try Open Office Suite, a free complete office suite from Sun.



http://www.openoffice.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers