Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Firefox can connect to the internet but IE can't?

This happened just after I installed Norton Antivirus 2008 and uninstalled it (because it made my computer slow). So it caused it to prevent IE from accessing the internet. It's blocking ports 80 (http), ftp, etc. Anyone know how to unblock these ports. I got all firewall disabled on my computer, even the one in Control Panel (Window's Security)...



Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.



Firefox can connect to the internet but IE can't?microsoft xp





That sounds more like a firewall problem than an anti-virus one. Both IE and Firefox (and any other web browser) use port 80 for HTTP. I suspect Firefox is set up as an exception to the port 80 block in your firewall but IE isn't. Prowl through the firewall configuration for "program control" or the like.



Ditto FTP and possibly a few others.



Hope that helps.



By the way, I'm surprised at your additional details. None of the anti-malware programs I use (Ad-Aware, Spybot, Norton) require a browser at all. They all talk directly to their websites.



Firefox can connect to the internet but IE can't?download windows xp internet explorer



disable windows firewall and try again from controlpanel%26gt;security center%26gt;firewall
you lost me, I use firefox everywhere I go on the internet,



it is like IE on steroids

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers