Saturday, April 24, 2010

I use firefox but I continue to get IE ads?

It is very annoying. When ever I open up a window I receive a pop up. After that, as I continue to browse the net I receive more pop ups. I have even got that nasty win antivirus/system doctor ads. Its annoying!! I have removed IE using the control panel. Yet I still get ads. adblock is useless. So is spybot, I have zone alarm, but I am not an expert. I don't know how to use it. (Not really an expert in these things). Can someone help? Please explain it in the simplest manner, Step-by-step, 1-2-3, A-B-C As I get lost easily in these high tech stuff.



I use firefox but I continue to get IE ads?ie 7





You should reinstall IE7. That is not your problem. Then be sure ad blocker is turned on. Under tools, on the right side.



In Firefox-%26gt;tools-%26gt;content. Be sure the ad blocker is checked.



Your Zone Alarm is working correctly, or you wouldn't be here.



You didn't mention an active virus protector. You may well have a virus. Spybot is great, but it doesn't do everything and it will not prevent you from getting a virus. Get avast or AVG or Anti-vir for free. Or Norton or McAfee or something else, if you want to pay. Install it (only one of these, not more) and run the scan of your computer.



Get the Yahoo toolbar for both Firefox and IE. This has a popup blocker. Not perfect, but it helps. Then from the Yahoo toolbar in IE get Norton anti virus and update and run it. From the Yahoo toolbar get Yahoo anti spy, Update and run it. Don't reverse these, because the Norton will uninstall your Yahoo anti spy.



You need one more passive protector besides Spybot. All of these programs will show you a little something different and one of them will solve your problem. If not, an exorcist may be needed. lol



I use firefox but I continue to get IE ads?ireland internet explorer



Install "no script" addon for your firefox. You can block pop up windows by using it
It sounds like you have a trojan (a fake program) installed.



Internet Explorer does not display advertisements so it is entirely blameless (this time anyway).



1) Find out the name of the trojan. It is probably trying to get you to buy a useless product.



2) Do a Google search on this product and it should lead you to a forum where you can get advice on how to remove the trojan.



All trojans are different so there are always different methods of getting rid of them.
Solution: Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal. Try it it's free. No more problems I promiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers