Saturday, April 24, 2010

I am using winvista home premium. Is it possible to have both ie 6 & 7 installed. If so, how do

My wife's job uses an online program that is incompatible with ie 7 and mozilla firefox. It will work with ie 6. I am running Win Vista home premium. Is there any way to install both Microsoft browers and choose which one I want to run? If so, how do I accomplish this? Thanks.



I am using winvista home premium. Is it possible to have both ie 6 %26amp; 7 installed. If so, how do you do this?windows movie maker





I don't think they will work well together. It would be best to get another computer and just install ie 6 on it. You could also try installing ie 6 after ie 7 but there is no gaurentee it will work or not screw up everything.



I am using winvista home premium. Is it possible to have both ie 6 %26amp; 7 installed. If so, how do you do this?microsoft project internet explorer



No. I tried this in Windows XP. There are some sites that try to get this to work, and they SAY it does work.



Search for Running IE 7and IE6 together.



When I tried it, it caused problems. The only solution from Microsoft wants to run a Virtual Machine of Windows (XP) and run the IE6 version from there, it was kind of dumb.



But there are sites that have old downloads of IE (like IE 4, 5 and 6). They tell you how to install it so its in a different folder, but I never got it to work.
I was going to say no, I did not believe you could. However I decided to look it up before posting and found a blog explaining how do it using virtual PC (VPC). You can run IE7 normally in Vista and run IE6 under the VPC. There are some problems with doing this that will make it not work as it would if it were properly installed.
IE 6 was not supported in Vista and you can't install to IE versions into same OS.
Not sure about vista, it is certainly possible in XP. Have a look at http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie and see if any of the IE6 versions run on your vista PC. IE7 will be default, but IE6 will run like any other program once you start it by clicking on the IE6 icon.



They just behave like normal programs you can even run both at the same time.



This solution is much easier and works better than the microsoft solution given above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers